Dear Valued Guests,
AB Sea Sales & Rentals, Inc. is first and foremost committed to ensure the wellbeing of all of our guests and colleagues during this time, and have been closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as our local and regional authorities.
We understand the present concerns associated with traveling given the restrictions imposed in certain areas of the world and of the evolving situation nationally. Please rest assured of our staff’s commitment to the welfare of our guests and colleagues, and of our detailed and thorough approach to this situation, which include the following steps:
Our Commitment to Prevention:
On a daily basis we are committed in ensuring that we are constantly meeting the highest standards and the latest guidance on hygiene and cleanliness in our industry. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product. We are actively focusing on the education through the following health and safety programs:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In all of our departments, our teams have been reeducated that cleanliness starts with this simple step. Use Warm Water and Soap washing hands at least 20 Seconds and be sure to include friction and focus between fingers during hand washing.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, we have rolled out an active hand cleaning and prevention program for all of our colleagues.
- Staying Informed: Via our local and regional authorities and the CDC. We stay in real time communication with all of these resources and have specific measures in place to react to any known reports of infection locally.
- General Contact: We are advocating a limited personal contact directive for our colleagues (ex: handshakes, close contact, etc.…) that would typically be associated with customary greetings. Our Commitment to Cleanliness: Industry Standard in Cleaning Products and Protocols We currently use industry recommended cleaning products and protocols effective against viruses in all areas of our facilities.
- Guest Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the most common guest areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, and counters in all areas.
- Back of House: In the spaces where colleagues work, our hotel is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, and staff offices. We will continue to update you as the situation evolves, and during the meantime remain committed to creating the most memorable vacation experience for you on your next visit to Galveston Island.
Kelsey R Maxson, VP Operations
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority