The season for thrills and chills is quickly approaching and Galveston Island’s ghostly history makes it one of the top destinations in the country for “haunted” travel. From Stewart Mansion, Ashton Villa, Haunted Mayfield Manor, Galveston’s Harbor, and 3 Popular hotels, that stem from the country’s deadliest natural disaster and other tragedies.
Galveston has many sites that are considered haunted, including an 1867 building that served as a morgue after the 1900 Storm – still the deadliest storm in U.S. history having killed an estimated 8,000 Galveston residents. The building now houses Haunted Mayfield Manor – a year-round haunted house attraction in downtown Galveston. The haunted house embraces the spooky history of the building’s past while providing guests with a psychologically thrilling experience.
October is the perfect time of year to enjoy the Island. The Weather is cooler and not as crowded. We have multiple Galveston properties for you to enjoy your time while here. There are Condos and Homes for rent through AB Sea Sales & Rentals. You are sure to find the perfect place to stay as you come to experience the “Spooky” things that Galveston has to offer this October.
Also embracing its reported haunting, The Haunted Harbor Tours explore the same waters where Jean Lafitte did his privateering and coast past “The Face,” where a man betrayed by his greedy children appears every night in spite of repeated attempts to power wash or sandblast his image away. The 50-foot passenger boat also explores a scuttled concrete oil tanker at Pelican Flats (which possibly housed spies, ghosts and a recluse), as well as the ghosts of a train that succumbed to the Great Storm.
Dash Beardsley’s Jack the Ripper Mystery Island Tour is a guaranteed good time for all mystery lovers! Guests will explore the historic streets of Galveston and discover the answers to several unsolved mysteries of Galveston Island. During the tour, you will hear untold stories about the legendary Jack the Ripper. Dash Beardsley is a nationally recognized paranormal expert and offers year-round tours of the Island.
The Galveston Historical Foundation also offers ghost tours throughout October. Numerous historic places on Galveston Island’s coastline have ghost stories attached to them as Galveston has been home to the lawless and merciless pirates of the 1800’s and 1900’s, great medical epidemics, war, fires, powerful storms from Mother Nature.
- Haunted Mayfield Manor (409) 762-6677
Year-round (time varies), $10/Person
- Galveston Lantern Tours (832) 898-4488
- 1900 Storm Stories- $30 Dates/Times Vary
- Ghostly Lantern Tours- $30 Dates/Times Vary
- Galveston Cemetery Tours $10/Person (409) 739-7120
- Haunted Harbor Tours Onboard the Seagull II (409) 763-1877
October 12, 19, and 26; 5:30 p.m.; $20
- Ghost Tours at Ashton Villa (409) 765-3402
October 19, 24, 25, 26, 30 and 31 7:00 PM and 8:15 PM $30
- Lanternlight Tours of the 1892 Bishop’s Palace
October 24-26, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM and 8:00 PM 8:30 PM, $30
- Dash Beardsley’s Ghost Tours of Galveston (832) 241-2623
Fridays/Saturdays Year-round (time varies), $20 adults/ $15 children ten years old and younger. Galveston paranormal expert Dash Beardsley offers the island’s most popular haunted tours, including “Original Ghost Tour on The Strand,” “Restless Spirits Tour,” Secret Society Cemetery Tour,” and the “Jack the Ripper Mystery Island Tour.”
- Haunted Legends Segway Tours (409) 692-6691
- There are stories of insanity and mass murder among the population, and there are darker rumors of mystery and the supernatural. $79 Times and Dates Vary
- Ghost Bust Tours: A Unique Galveston Experience (409)741-3400
- Join a fun and totally cool tour with Galveston Ghost Tours! Several different tours are available… Prices, Dates and Times vary
- Mini Monster Bash Sangerfest Park
The 9th annual Saengerfest Mini Monster Bash will take place Saturday, October 26, 2019, from 1 PM to 4 PM. The festival will be free to the public and include trick or treating throughout downtown, games, crafts, face painting, treats and a costume contest.
- Masquerade Boat Party at Moody Gardens (409) 683-4200
- Join us for this Boat Party event in Galveston on October 19, 2019.
- Silent Film with Rob Landes: “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”
An annual Halloween tradition, Rob Landes reprises his specially created, totally improvised musical score for the showing of John Barrymore’s 1920 silent film classic, Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Come in costume if you dare! The Grand 1894 Opera House (800) 821-1894
- Historic Galveston Island Pleasure Pier Halloween Party 855-789-7437
- Join in for a fun afternoon of Trick or Treating, Halloween Costume Contests, Kids Halloween Activity Corner, and see the movie Coco.